CODE OF CONDUCT
San Diego Squash is dedicated to providing its members, staff, guests, and visitors with an environment in which they will be treated civilly and with respect. This Code of Conduct sets out the expected behaviors of all San Diego Squash members, staff, guests and visitors.
- Members and guests of San Diego Squash are expected to treat others with courtesy, respect, and dignity.
- San Diego Squash will not accept behavior that demeans, ridicules, or embarrasses a member, employee, guest, or visitor. This includes comments, gestures, and jokes that may adversely impact the individual’s enjoyment of the club; bullying, mistreatment, intimidation or teasing which creates an uncomfortable environment; verbal abuse, belittling, or excessive profanity; and harassment, sexual harassment, or discrimination of any kind.
- San Diego Squash has a zero tolerance policy for aggressive, abusive or harassing behavior towards our staff. This type of behavior will not be tolerated, and perpetrators will be asked to leave the premises immediately and may have their membership or club access privileges temporarily suspended or permanently cancelled.
- Members and guests of San Diego Squash are expected to be mindful of their surroundings and refrain from using inappropriate language during their time at the facilities.
- Members and guests of San Diego Squash are expected to exhibit sportsmanship and fairness both on and off court.
- Members and guests of San Diego Squash are expected to take care in ensuring that the Club’s facilities are used responsibly and not damaged.
- Members and guests of San Diego Squash are encouraged to report any alleged incidents of prohibited conduct, whether they feel that it is directed toward them or someone else. Club management will investigate and deal with all concerns, complaints, or incidents in a fair and timely manner while respecting the complainant’s privacy to the extent possible.
- All Members and Non-Members must check in with the front desk upon entering the club.
- Non-members are required to provide photo identification and complete the Guest Sign-In sheet before entering the club.
- Club peak times are weekdays 11:15am-1:30pm and 5pm onwards.
- Members are entitled to one peak booking per member per day.
- Members are able to book courts one week in advance of their intended reservation using the online court booking system or by contacting the San Diego Squash front desk.
- Non-members may book courts within 48 hours of their intended reservation by contacting the San Diego Squash front desk.
- Members are responsible for the cancellation of their court bookings if they are unable to play. Repeated failure to comply, including regularly not showing up for court bookings will result in a written warning, followed by the potential cancellation of membership if continued.
- Lesson cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled lesson time. Insufficient notice will result in the full lesson fee charged.
- Only coaches and squash professionals employed by San Diego Squash are permitted to teach at San Diego Squash. San Diego Squash has established guidelines on allowing guest professionals to teach at San Diego Squash, and visiting coaches must have written permission from San Diego Squash management. Anyone found to be coaching without prior approval and/or anyone found to be paying for coaching from unapproved coaches, may be permanently banned from the club.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted on workout equipment.
- Children under the age of 16 are permitted to play squash only with on-site adult supervision.
- Membership fees are charged on the 25th day of each month for the month ahead.
- Members may cancel their membership by completing a cancellation form at least two days before the next scheduled payment. If a membership is cancelled, and the member decides to rejoin San Diego Squash at a later date, they will be required to re-enroll and pay the initiation fee for new members.
- Members may place their membership on freeze once a year, for a minimum of one month and a maximum of three months, by completing a freeze form at least two days before the next scheduled payment. During a membership freeze, a $20/month administration fee is charged.
- Members are charged on the last day of the month for that month’s club account charges.
- All members are expected to uphold the San Diego Squash Code of Conduct.